An election will be held for four (4) Student Director positions on the Arc @ UNSW Limited (Arc) Board.
- Two (2) positions must be filled by women.
- The remaining two (2) positions are unrestricted.
Nominations open on Monday, 27th March 2017.
Nominations close at 4:00pm on Friday, 7th April 2017.
- The electoral roll will close at the same time.
- Late nominations will not be accepted.
Nomination forms may be lodged at:
- Arc Reception Kensington - Level 2, Basser College.
- Arc office at UNSW Art & Design.
- By email to email@example.com.
Term of Office
The term of office will be two (2) years, commencing June 2017.
Working as a Director on the Board, you will oversee the performance and strategic direction of the organisation.
Previous experience is not essential.
If elected as a Student Director, you will be required to attend the following compulsory sessions:
- Director briefing on either Monday, 10th April, 1:00pm – 2:00pm or Tuesday, 11th April 1:00pm – 2:00pm.
- Director inductions: Thursday, 25th May 2017, 10:00am to 4:00pm.
- Strategy days (off site): Friday, 26th May to Sunday, 28th May 2017.
Candidates, nominators, and voters must be current UNSW students and Ordinary members of Arc at the close of nominations. Each candidate must have two (2) nominators who must also be eligible to stand in the same election.
Candidates should submit the following by the close of nominations:
- Candidate statement of not more than 150 words (in word format) - information in support of your candidature.
- A recent photograph (in jpeg format).
In accordance with the Arc Regulations, the Returning Officer reserves the right to edit or reject any material provided.
Who Can Vote
All 2017 Ordinary Members of Arc as at the close of nominations, are entitled to vote for the Student Director positions on the Board.
How to Vote
All Arc members eligible to vote will be sent an email containing a link to the voting page. (NOTE: the email will be sent to the address you nominated when completing your Arc membership form).
Vote for your preferred candidate by placing the figure 1 in the square opposite the candidate. Voters may place consecutive figures (commencing with the figure 2) in the squares opposite the remaining candidates, in order of preference.
Detailed information regarding the elections can be found in the Arc Regulations.
Election of the Chair of the Board
The Chair of the Board shall be elected by a majority of Directors at the first Board meeting following the 31st of May.