Got Ideas? Get money! If you’re planning an event that you believe is going to change the community, student life or develop graduate attributes through hosting or participating in activities on or off campus, this could be the grant for you! Grants are available to Arc members, groups of Arc members or Arc-affiliated Clubs. SCDGs are also available to Elite Athletes and Performers.
Student Community and Development Grants are administered by Arc in five separate rounds each year.
The SCDG application process is highly competitive and applications are assessed on:
- The contribution towards the development of graduate attributes
- The cultural, social, historical and reputational significance of the event and the contribution to campus culture and community
- The nature, topic and size of the event
- The degree of planning and preparation for the event
- How innovative the activity or approach is
- The number of Arc members likely to benefit from the event and the ability for the applicant to use the experience gained to benefit Arc members and the campus community
- Other avenues of funding support
- Previous dealings between the Club, group or individual and Arc
All applications must be submitted through Arc's online system Orgsync.
You can find the application form here.
SCDG Application Deadlines 2017
Applications must be received by 5pm on the day of the deadline. In 2017, the SCDG deadlines are as follows:
Round 1 - 5pm Friday 17 Mar 2017 (S1W3)
Round 2 - 5pm Friday 5 May 2017 (S1W9)
Round 3 - 5pm Friday 11 Aug 2017 (S2W3)
Round 4 - 5pm Friday 22 Sept 2017 (S2W9)
Round 5 - 5pm Friday 3 Nov 2017 (S2 Exam Period)
SCDG Info Sessions
SCDG info sessions will be run before the deadline for each round, and will cover tips on writing applications. It is highly recommended that all applicants attend an info session in advance of writing their application.
The info sessions will be taking place on the following dates:
12pm Wednesday 8 Mar 2017 (S1W2), Arc Clubs Space
12pm Wednesday 26 Apr 2017 (S1W8), Arc Clubs Space
12pm Wednesday 2 Aug 2017 (S2W2), Arc Clubs Space
12pm Wednesday 13 Sept 2017 (S2W8), Arc Clubs Space
12pm Wednesday 25 Oct 2017 (S2 Stuvac), Arc Clubs Space
Successful applicants for the SCDG are required to submit a post-activity report within 30 days of the conclusion of the activity. Post-Activity Reports are submitted through this form on Orgsync.