We are also looking for Team Leaders
Leaders are volunteers who are willing to commit more hours to the success of Phil' events and initiatives and keen to fundraise to achieve the target of $50,000 in 2017.
Leaders will ideally have had exposure to Phil' before, either as a volunteer or Fun-A-Thon participant (whilst this would be helpful, it is not crucial to the applicant's success). Previous volunteering experience, in any capacity, will be incredibly beneficial. Leaders should be proactive, creative and work amazingly in a team.
There are four Phil' leadership positions available. The commitment is approx. 4hours a week during the semester and more during big events such as the Benefit Concert (w11 S1) and Fun-A-Thon (W11 S2) see details of each leaders responsibilities listed below:
Campus Fundraising Leader
* Works with the team to come up with creative ideas for fundraising activities/events
* Event manages fundraising pop ups on campus from the planning to implementation stage
* Oversees the sale of Phil' merchandise (pens, tattoo's and slapbands)
* Plays an active role in planning and running big Phil' events such as the Benefit Concert and Fun-A-Thon
Community Engagement Leader
* Responsible for ensuring members of the community are aware of Phil fundraising initiatives
* Responsible for engaging university departments beyond Arc and the local community external to UNSW
* Finds advertising opportunities around campus and the local area to advise about Phil' events and initiatives
* Finds fundraising opportunities off-campus for students to engage with
* Seeks sponsorship from local and relevant businesses for Fun-A-Thon, the Benefit Concert and Phil' in general
* Seeks prizes for fundraising initiatives
* Engages with sponsors present at large Phil' events
* Helps to find local entertainers willing to donate time to the Fun-A-Thon
Recruitment and Morale Leader
* Responsible for engaging with other Phil' volunteers and organising social events
* Responsible for ensuring volunteers are fairly rostered to suit timetables and commitment levels
* Works with team to develop a recruitment strategy for Fun-A-Thon and personal challenges
* Engages with social media platforms to promote Phil'
* Oversees strategy to support the Fun-A-Thon and personal challenges participants