The Director of Corporate Services is responsible for overseeing the organisations Finance and Human Resources departments and management of WHS, Risk, Business Continuity and Legal Services on behalf of the organisation. The position also supports the development and delivery of Arc’s strategic plan, business development and maintains critical stakeholder relationships.
The Director of Corporate Services will use their experience and expertise to drive efficiency, support and innovation within the reporting departments. Identifying and implementing strategic solutions to achieve both financial and operating efficiency. Most importantly, we're looking for someone who shares our values and culture, who brings passion and positivity, and ensures their team also embodies those values.
To access the full Position Description please click.
You will be an experienced manager and able to lead a multidisciplinary team. You won’t be afraid of getting your hands dirty to understand what makes Arc, Arc, and how you and your team can help us improve. We want someone that can cut through the noise, understand the crux of what’s required and remove superfluous complexities. This role should face challenges with flexibility, tact and diplomacy, requiring the highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, coupled with the ability to actively engage and motivate. You should also understand that working in a Student Organisation will mean you find yourself holding BBQ tongs every so often (free food is still a winner!). You should also have some talents, namely:
- Proven experience in a similar role or significant experience leading Finance, HR or multidisciplinary teams
- A comprehensive understanding of Finance, HR, IR, Risk Management and WHS including regulatory compliance
- Proven track record in providing strategic leadership, leading change and delivering solutions preferably within a not-for-profit environment
- Strong financial background and a demonstrated understanding of financial and accounting standards including the preparation of statutory accounts, budgets, financial statements and auditing processes
- Demonstrated ability and experience in developing, implementing and monitoring performance indicators, business improvement programs, and knowledge of quality management systems
- Excellent people management skills, including providing staff support and development and ability to influence stakeholders
- Proven track record of driving organisational results, developing people and implementing appropriate change programs that impact wellbeing, culture, performance, safety, diversity and compliance
- Experience in the formulation of strategic business plans alongside the identification, scoping and investigation of new opportunities
- Working knowledge of Australian employment and WHS laws, ER issues, contemporary HR trends and practices
Arc is pretty awesome, it’s the kind of place where we build castles around people’s desks for birthdays, have a pretty bad touch football team, eat cake and Friday happy hours start at 5pm (ok... 4.30pm). Located on the University of New South Wales campus, Arc is one of Australia’s leading student organisations and is made up of a dynamic and energetic group of people focused on providing students and clients with the best experience possible. We work hard. We expect results (but we try to have fun doing it).
What we can offer you
- Additional 3 days paid leave per year (we call them “Arc days” and we love them!)
- Full-time role in a flexible working environment
- Supportive and friendly team where diversity is recognised and valued
- A unique opportunity to shape what Corporate Services looks like and represents to Arc