Management - Store (Retail & Consumer Products)
Are you looking for a retail role with limited weekend work? PART- TIME 30 HRS per week 4-5 DAYS OR SCHOOL HOURS 9- 3 PM - We're Flexible! Moves to Full Time for events run 3 times per year for 2 weeks per event season.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Arc is looking for a fun, reliable and organised person to join their Retail team. This is a part-time (30 hours per week) role, supporting the day-to-day operations of their retail store in an on campus fun environment.
The role operates events 3 times per year and requires management of a large number of staff as well as managing the event spaces during these periods.
This role reports directly to the Retail Store Manager providing day-to-day retail and management functions. For more information, please refer to the position description, here.
WHO ARE WE?
Arc is the cool older sibling at UNSW. We pride ourselves on our obsession with student life because we know that the best parts of going to uni is all the fun stuff you do outside the classroom. Our mission is to create the best student experience and we do that through a huge range of opportunities and services available to students online and in-person. Working at Arc you’ll join a welcoming team of passionate people who believe in listening to students, working together and constantly being better. Plus, there’s plenty of employee perks like cake, volleyball, Arc Wellness and heaps more.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
• Flexible working environment to suit your needs.
• Located near the Light Rail and Public Transport, convenient location of UNSW Kensington Campus
• Monday to Friday roster (no weekend work!) 30 hours per week (Full time during event seasons)*except during event periods where full time work is required.
• Supportive and friendly team where diversity is celebrated
• Staff wellness initiatives
• Additional paid annual leave days off during Christmas
• Assisting the Store Manager in all areas of daily business operations
• Coordinating, monitoring and reporting in daily operations
• Ensuring the store environment complies with Arc’s WHS policy and procedures
• Maintain and monitor store inventory
• Management of a large team and roster during event season
• Manage a mobile space and organisation of rostering team and operations of mobile space during Graduation season
• Embody the values of the company and put customers first
• Cash Handling (when required)
• Ordering and Receipt of Stock
• Website Management
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Experience in a similar organisational environment
• Demonstrated managerial skills in a similar position
• Demonstrated cash handling skills essential
• Understanding of cultural diversity issues and awareness
• Demonstrated competent in all Microsoft Office applications
• Knowledge of Workplace Health and Safety (WH&S) and Ethical Practice