The Roundhouse has been a Sydney institution for 60 years and has just been given a huge facelift to bring its specs up to speed in every aspect. Capable of hosting a diverse and high volume of events from 2,200 capacity, The Roundhouse strives to maintain its place on campus as the ‘home of student life’.
Thirsty Burger, situated on the ground level of the Roundhouse, pumps out quality burgers and sides from Monday to Friday, alongside the Roundhouse bar.
As the Head Chef within Thirsty Burger you will be responsible for the following:
- Maintain safe, secure and healthy workplace environments by establishing, following & enforcing sanitation, Health & Safety, and HACCP procedures and complying with all legal regulations
- Stock control and ordering
- Effective management of kitchen staff ensuring quality of product, service & overall performance
- Effective communication with front of house management and staff
- Staff rostering and timesheets
- Weekly/Monthly budgets and food costing
- Accomplish company goals by accepting ownership of all aspects of BOH operations.
- Opening/closing of restaurant
- Maintain kitchen presentation, cleanliness and product integrity
- Ensure daily par levels are met.
Who We Are Looking For
As the leader of the Food Outlet, we’re looking for strong commercial acumen and a demonstrated ability to set and meet targets and drive outcomes for our students, customers and organisation. You’ll need to be customer-focused, and be a good communicator. It’s a hands-on role that will see you in the kitchen leading the team, and on the floor engaging with customers.
As importantly, we're looking for someone who shares our values and culture, who brings passion and positivity, and make sure their team embodies the same culture. The Roundhouse is a vibrant, social environment, and we want you to be a leader in this space.
Arc is the cool older sibling at UNSW. We pride ourselves on our obsession with student life because we know that the best parts of going to uni is all the fun stuff you do outside the classroom. Our mission is to create the best student experience and we do that through a huge range of opportunities and services available to students online and in-person. Working at Arc you’ll join a welcoming team of passionate people who believe in listening to students, working together and constantly being better. Plus there’s plenty of employee perks like cake, volleyball, Arc Wellness and heaps more.
What We Can Offer
- Salary of $70-75K plus Superannuation
- A unique opportunity to make your mark on an iconic Sydney venue
- Full time, on campus employment
- A fun, fast and driven environment with lots of potential for learning and growth
- A workplace that truly values diversity and inclusiveness
- Fun, social and supportive culture (with monthly cake, run club, crafternoons and more)