About the role
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Services, the Human Resources Manager supports a variety of functions including recruitment, payroll, policy and procedure, strategy, projects, and employee relations issues. You will be responsible for providing day-to-day HR support and advice across a broad range of generalist activities, whilst ensuring that Arc’s human resources initiatives are implemented, and goals are achieved and aligned to our strategic plans. You enjoy working autonomously, effectively managing your own time and driving success within your portfolio, whilst also contributing and collaborating within a team.
Who are we?
Arc is the cool older sibling at UNSW. We pride ourselves on our obsession with student life because we know that the best part of going to uni is all the fun stuff you do outside the classroom. Our mission is to create the best student experience and we do that through a huge range of opportunities and services available to students online and in person. Working at Arc you’ll join a welcoming team of passionate people who believe in listening to students, working together and constantly being better. Plus there are plenty of employee perks including, fun activities, Arc Wellness and heaps more.
- Recruitment – End to end including, position description creation, advertising, interviewing, reference checks and hiring
- Manage the on-boarding and online induction process for new starters and monitor probationary periods
- Manage and maintain all HR policies and procedures to ensure compliance with legislation
- Oversee, refine, and execute employee standards and procedures, using and developing HR systems and processes
- Monitor and report on the online performance review cycle including communications, and provide guidance to employees and managers in preparation and execution of reviews
- Ensure Human Resources legal compliance by monitoring applicable state and federal legislative requirements and ensuring appropriate strategies, record keeping and administration
- Support all matters relating to Work Health and Safety ensuring legislative compliance
- Provide accurate, timely reports (HR Metrics, WGEA, WHS and ad hoc)
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of HR systems and practices
- Actively engage and promote fair and equitable workplace practices and behaviour to ensure discrimination-free workplace in accordance with legislative requirements
We are looking for
- HR Management experience at similar level
- Experience and knowledge across key Human Resource functions including recruitment, payroll, agreements, negotiation, employment legislation, workforce development
- Demonstrated experience engaging with cross functional teams
- Knowledge of contemporary HR trends and practice
- Experience in managing WHS and workers compensation
- Ability to work autonomously
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain enduring and valuable relationships
- Interpersonal and communication skills with a strong attention to detail
- Strong ethics and professional work attitude
- Alliance with Arc values and workplace culture
- Experience with HR software systems and high competence in Microsoft Office Packages
For further information, please view the position description.
What We Can Offer You
- While we offer a flexible working arrangement, we have an epic office at the heart of the UNSW campus at Kensington with superb access to the light rail.
- Culture that truly values and supports diversity and inclusiveness.
- Get 24/7 access to unlimited counselling for you and your family when you need it through our EAP Service.
- Enjoy up to 4 additional paid annual leave days at the end of the year