About the Role:
The HR Manager is a true HR generalist supporting a variety of functions including recruitment, payroll, policy and procedure, strategy, projects, and employee relations issues. As the Human Resources Manager you will be responsible for providing day-to-day HR support and advice across a broad range of generalist activities, whilst ensuring that Arc’s human resources initiatives are implemented, and goals are achieved and aligned to our strategic plans. You enjoy working autonomously, effectively managing your own time and driving success within your portfolio, whilst also contributing and collaborating within a Team.
Who Are We?
Arc is pretty awesome, it's the kind of place where we wrap people's desk's in gift wrap for birthdays, have a half decent netball team, eat cake and Friday happy hours start at 5pm (ok... 4.45pm). Located on the University of New South Wales campus, Arc is one of Australia's biggest & best student organisations and is made up of a dynamic and energetic group of people focused on providing students and clients with the best experience possible. We work hard. We expect results (but we have fun doing it). We are committed to providing the students of UNSW relevant and beneficial opportunities to be a part of – this is where you come in.
- Recruitment – End to end including, position description creation, advertising, interviewing, reference checks and hiring;
- Manage the on-boarding and online induction process for new starters and monitor probationary periods;
- Manage and maintain all HR policies and procedures to ensure compliance with legislation;
- Oversee, refine, and execute employee standards and procedures, using and developing HR systems and processes.
- Monitor and report on the online performance review cycle including communications, and provide guidance to employees and managers in preparation and execution of reviews;
- Facilitate regular employee feedback mechanisms including the annual Climate and Culture Survey;
- Program and deliver Arc’s Development Initiatives program;
- Ensure Human Resources legal compliance by monitoring applicable state and federal legislative requirements and ensuring appropriate strategies, record keeping and administration;
- Foster and embody Arc’s organisational culture whilst developing strategies for rewarding employee performance including the organisation of appropriate social events;
- Assist managers and employees to solve HR related issues;
- Support all matters relating to Work Health and Safety ensuring legislative compliance;
- Process any workers’ compensation claims;
- Provide accurate, timely reports (HR Metrics, WGEA, WHS and ad hoc);
- Ensure wage payments comply with relevant legislation;
- Provide back up to the current payroll function as required;
- Actively champion the Diversity and Inclusion initiatives;
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of HR systems and practices;
- Comply with Arc Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) policy and procedures to actively participate in the achievement of a safe working culture;
- Demonstrate and promote behaviours in accordance with Arc@UNSW values and Code of Conduct;
- Actively engage and promote fair and equitable workplace practices and behaviour to ensure discrimination-free workplace in accordance with legislative requirements.
We Are Looking For:
- HR Management experience at similar level
- Experience and knowledge across the breadth of key Human Resource functions including recruitment, payroll, workplace agreements, negotiation, employment legislation and workforce development
- Demonstrated experience engaging with cross functional teams and colleagues
- Knowledge of contemporary HR trends and practice
- Experience in managing WHS and workers compensation
- Demonstrated focus in delivering services, including the ability to anticipate and resolve problems with practical and positive solutions taking into account the needs of the business
- Ability to work autonomously
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain enduring and valuable relationships
- Interpersonal and communication skills with a strong attention to detail
- Strong ethics and professional work attitude
- Alliance with Arc values and workplace culture
- Experience working within Human Resource software systems and a high level of competence in Microsoft Office Packages
Check out the Position Description on our website for further information.
What We Can Offer You:
- Full time, permanent role in flexible working environment
- A base salary between $85,000 - $90,000 depending on experience
- A culture that truly values and supports diversity and inclusiveness.
- Convenient and central office location on UNSW’s Kensington Campus.
- A fun, fast and driven environment with lots of potential for learning and growth.