The IT Service Centre Coordinator will provide a Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for all UNSW staff and student for IT services. The role encompasses providing first level support, problem solving, resolution and call management in accordance with the UNSW IT policies and procedures. The Coodinator - IT Service Centre will resolve the majority of incidents/requests received, with more complex issues escalated as required. The incumbent is required to support the IT Service Management framework and to maintain exceptional customer service.
The IT Service Centre is the central support point for UNSW-wide IT services and operates from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm Monday to Friday, and 11:00 am to 3:00 pm Saturday.
It is expected that this role will be rostered on rotating shifts to cover the IT Service Centre operating hours.
If the hours of operation change then the IT Service Centre staff member may be required to work those hours under a rostered situation.
This position will report to the Service Centre Team Leader.
Specific accountabilities for this role include:
· Provide level 1 support for all IT related incidents and requests in accordance with current IT Service Level Agreements.
· Provide level 1 support for administration functions of the IT Service Centre relating to exchange administration, Enterprise systems access etc.
· Assist with logging, responding to and resolving tickets in a professional and timely manner with an emphasis on high quality customer service and first call resolution.
· Assist with providing updates for the IT Service Centre Knowledge Base for identifying solutions, work- arounds and known errors.
· Develop relationships with the customer base through operational excellence to ensure customer satisfaction levels are maximised.
· Assist users in troubleshooting computer problems (such as MS office, VPN software, web-based applications, Windows/Mac operating systems and wireless) following best practices. In complex cases, escalating to the appropriate resolver group.
· Accurately record all customer incidents/requests in the IT Service Management tool.
· Actively promote customer satisfaction program ie Net promoter score.
· Ensure excellent communication is provided to customer whilst supporting with technical instructions, advising and consulting over all communication channels.
· Provide a single point of contact for all customers through a variety of channels including but not limited to, telephone, email and face to face.
· Align with and actively demonstrate the Skills and Experience
· Certificate 4 or higher in a relevant area of study and/or experience working within an IT Service Desk or customer service environment, preferably in a large organisation with a high volume of work throughput.
· Demonstrated capacity and willingness to work as a member of a proactive team dedicated to the delivery of high quality services to its customers.
· Ability to communicate (both verbal and written) at all levels in a polite and professional manner; including the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical staff in easily understood terms
· Demonstrated problem solving skills and ability in handling difficult customer interactions over the phone while maintaining high level of customer satisfaction.
· An understanding of and commitment to UNSW’s aims, objectives and values in action, together with relevant policies and guidelines.
· Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.