About the role
Arc @ UNSW—the not-for profit student organisation at UNSW – is looking for a part-time Junior Graphic Designer for 3 days a week. Our creative team looks after the marketing for a diverse range of departments and venues that make student life at UNSW so great.
The role involves creative delivery of campaigns and projects from brief to concept to final art across a wide variety of exciting projects. These include social campaigns, print, signage, event collateral, merchandise, photography, video, animation and more.
You are motivated by amazing design, closely followed by big ideas, puns and fun events. You will learn from and work with a small team of talented creatives.
Who are we?
Arc is the cool older sibling at UNSW. We pride ourselves on our obsession with student life because we know that the best parts of going to uni are all the fun stuff you do outside the classroom. Our mission is to create the best student experience and we do that through a huge range of opportunities and services available to students online and in-person. Working at Arc you’ll join a welcoming team of passionate people who believe in listening to students, working together and constantly being better.
- Assist the designers and marketing department in developing concepts and ideas to put into action across print and digital platforms.
- Create unique and original content that appeals to students.
- Work well within a team and be open to learning new skills. Be proactive and always look to expand your existing skills.
- Actively engage in fair and equitable workplace practices and behaviour to ensure discrimination-free workplace in accordance with legislative requirements.
- Comply with Arc Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) policy and procedures to actively participate in the achievement of a safe working culture.
- Maintain an awareness of Arc’s environmental policies and procedures minimising the impact of Arc’s business on the environment.
Check out the Position Description here for more info.
Desired Skills & Experience
Some of the skills and/or experiences that will enable you to fulfil the expectations of this contract role include:
- 1+ year experience in a similar role, or in the final year of a relevant degree.
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates creative design solutions across a broad range of projects.
- An eye for branding, design and attention to detail.
- Experience in delivery of projects from brief to concept to final art.
- Technical skills in the Adobe Creative Suite classics.
- The ability to work in a small, collaborative environment.
- Knowledge of photography and video editing, or an interest in learning the skills.
- Knowledge of illustration and animation, or an interest in learning the skills.
- Social media content creation.
- Youth marketing and/or an interest in events that appeal to students.
What We Can Offer You
- Salary of $30k plus superannuation, for 3 days a week ($50k + super pro rata)
- Generous work from home policy and flexible working hours
- An inspiring environment with lots of potential for learning and growth
- A workplace that truly values and supports diversity and inclusiveness
- Fun, social and supportive culture (with monthly cake, run club, crafternoons and more)