The Wellness Coordinators play an important role supporting Arc’s mission to put students’ health and happiness first. The Wellness Coordinators will recruit, train, and support their team of Wellness Warriors volunteers. The Wellness Warriors run activities on campus that promote healthy habits, develop the mental health literacy of the student community, and speak to the unique challenges and pressures of the student experience. The Wellness Warriors play a key role in challenging the struggle that can be student mental health and wellbeing. The Wellness Coordinators will provide students with relevant tips and information via videos and written content on website and in print. The successful candidates will be fully trained to answer wellbeing and mental health-related questions and point students to the best resources/support services for those seeking help.
KEY TASKS & ACCOUNTABILITIES
· To recruit, train and lead a group of student volunteers (Wellness Warriors)
· To coordinate weekly volunteer shifts.
· To coordinate promotional communication about all of Wellness initiatives (online presence, social media, website, and booklets)
· To plan, promote and run Wellness activities on campus and online including pop-up activations, interviews, capacity building workshops, Stress Less Week and R U OK? Day events
· Manage a budget.
· Develop and maintain relationships with external organisations.
· Attend and contribute to Arc Wellness Working Group meetings
· Comply with Arc Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) policy and procedures to actively participate in the achievement of a safe working culture.
· Demonstrate behaviour in accordance with Arc @ UNSW values and Code of Conduct.
· Actively engage in fair and equitable workplace practices and behaviour to ensure discrimination-free workplace in accordance with legislative requirements.
· Maintain an awareness of Arc’s environmental policies and procedures minimizing the impact of Arc’s business on the environment.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
· Be a current UNSW student.
· Be passionate about student mental health and wellbeing.
· Have strong planning & organisational skills.
· Be able to inspire and motivate others.
· Have excellent communication skills; verbal, written and public speaking.
· Be a creative thinker.
· Be confident in front of a camera for Wellness videos.
· Experience leading volunteers
Please see the position description for further information.