About The Role
We're looking for someone who knows their way around Sydney’s landmarks (as well as some of its hidden gems), and who can put together amazing itineraries to help UNSW students discover them all!
If you think you’ve got what it takes to lead groups of up to 50 students on field trips around Sydney, are passionate about creating connections between students, are excited about making Sydney a new home for international and interstate students, are confident in managing a team of volunteers, and are an organisational superstar, then apply now - we’ve been waiting for you!
Who Are We?
Arc isn’t just any organisation. Located on the University of New South Wales campus, Arc is one of Australia’s biggest & best student organisations and is made up of a dynamic and energetic group of people focused on providing students and clients with the best experience possible. We work hard. We expect results (but we have fun doing it). Join our team to level up your leadership skills, meet new people and expand your professional horizons all while having a blast between classes.
- Research, plan, and coordinate multiple local and regional Arc Goes To… trips, including overnight trips
- Maintain up-to-date content across our online platforms
- Maintain up-to-date records and reporting on participant feedback, bookings, and attendance that hit our targets and metrics
- Ad hoc administrative tasks as required
- Be passionate about Arc and our mission to constantly improve student life
Skills & Experience
- Extensive knowledge of the Sydney region’s major landmarks, as well as some of its hidden gems
- Experience in event planning and/or leading large groups of people
- Strong relationship building capabilities and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- A strong understanding of the UNSW student demographic, what they want, and how to reach them
- Enthusiastic and keen to share knowledge, lead and get creative with fresh new ideas
- Strong administrative and organisational skills, as well as a can-do attitude
For more details please check the position description.
What We Can Offer You
- Flexible hours to suit your Uni timetable (average of 10hrs/wk)
- A casual hourly rate of $29.15
- A unique opportunity to get out and about while introducing your fellow students to Sydney and its surrounds
- A fun, fast and driven environment with lots of potential for learning and growth