About the role
Shape the student experience at UNSW! With a team of full time and student staff, assist over 300 student Clubs in providing opportunities outside the academic side of uni-life, and engaging students in various events and activities by encouraging and facilitating Club activities, coordinating the provision of advice, support and information to Club Executives and general students.
If you think you can support the wide variety of Clubs and help them take their activities and events to the next level, and know how to enliven our students, whether it be enhancing how we showcase Clubs to the student population or creating a new inter-club competition, then apply now, we’ve been waiting for you!
Who are we?
Arc is pretty awesome, it's the kind of place where we wrap people's desk's in gift wrap for birthdays, have a half decent netball team, eat cake and Friday happy hours start at 5pm (ok... 4:45pm). Located on the University of New South Wales campus, Arc is one of Australia's biggest & best student organisations and is made up of a dynamic and energetic group of people focused on providing students and clients with the best experience possible. We work hard. We expect results (but we have fun doing it).
Check out the position description for all the details but essentially what we need you to do is:
- Mentor & Supervise: coordinate the student staff in the Arc Clubs team, allocating tasks, providing support and training and providing mentorship to help them achieve their goals in the role; coordinate communication between staff to ensure effective, efficient & consistent services for Clubs and other students through the Clubs Space
- Support: coordinate and participate in the provision of resources and benefits provided by Arc to Clubs, including Club Grants, bookings, information on Arc policies, the Clubs Space, membership software, access to Arc-run events and event management support for Club-run events; support the Clubs Manager to develop & achieve department goals
- Facilitate: develop and maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders, especially within UNSW, including Estate Management and Faculties, ensuring that Clubs continue receive access to resources and seeking opportunities for increased access to new or existing resources.
Skills & experience
You are passionate about the value of student Clubs at UNSW, you know and get the student demographic, you know how to support Clubs to run in ways that excite & engage students. You're enthusiastic and keen to share knowledge, lead and get creative with fresh new ideas.
You have experience in following and setting procedures and providing input on policy. Using your pro interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills, you’re practiced at building and maintaining professional relationships with external stakeholders, while also knowing how to reach students. You know how to strike a balance between being flexible to student needs and setting strict requirements.
You're a professional who's not afraid to wear Crocs in the workplace (or at least work with someone that does) and can readily navigate your way through student programs and events in their many winding paths of procrastination (in the most professional sense). Can you stay organised and organise others? Mentor young adults? Have a keen eye for detail? We're already excited to be working with you.
What We Can Offer You
- A 4-5 day role
- Salary of $54,000 plus Super (pro rata)
- A unique opportunity to shape what student Clubs and engagement looks like at UNSW
- A fun, fast and driven environment with lots of potential for learning and growth
- Awesome professional experience working in a sector leading organisation
- A chance to be a change maker – making a real difference
- A spot on our netball team (Are you any good at shooting?)
- Convenient and central office location on UNSW’s Kensington Campus
- More BBQing opportunities than you can poke a set of tongs at!
- Secure employment with a supportive team