About the role
Shape the student experience at UNSW! Work alongside a team of full time and student staff to engage and develop the students of UNSW by supporting close to 300 student-run Clubs. Spearhead Arc’s engagement with Arc-affiliated Clubs through coordinating Club-focussed events and initiatives, and encouraging, facilitating and elevating Club-run activities.
If you think you can enliven the student experience through taking Club-focused events, activities and initiatives to the next level then apply now, we’ve been waiting for you!
Who are we?
Arc is pretty awesome, it's the kind of place where we wrap people's desk's in gift wrap for birthdays, have a half decent netball team, eat cake and Friday happy hours start at 5pm (ok... 4:45pm). Located on the University of New South Wales campus, Arc is one of Australia's biggest & best student organisations and is made up of a dynamic and energetic group of people focused on providing students and clients with the best experience possible. We work hard. We expect results (but we have fun doing it).
Check out the position description for all the details but essentially what we need you to do is:
· Coordinate: coordinate events run by the Arc Clubs team, such as Clubs Taster Day and International Markets
· Support: work closely with other staff on Arc-run activities with a significant Clubs focus such as O-Week; provide training to Clubs and student staff on events management and risk management; provide support and advice on running events, particularly larger-scale events; enhance the visibility of Arc Clubs and Arc-affiliated Clubs within the UNSW Community
· Review & Develop: review existing Arc-run Club event and activity offerings and drive the development of new offerings, in consultation with students and Clubs
Skills & experience
You are passionate about the value of student Clubs at UNSW, you know and get the student demographic, you know how to support Clubs to run events and activities that excite & engage students. You're enthusiastic and keen to share knowledge, lead and get creative with fresh new ideas.
You have experience delivering high quality events to students and responding to student feedback and needs by adjusting or creating new offerings. You know how to speak to students, literally and metaphorically, and collaborate with them to take their ideas to the next level.
You're a professional who's not afraid to wear Crocs in the workplace (or at least work with someone that does) and can readily navigate your way through student programs and events in their many winding paths of procrastination (in the most professional sense). Can you stay organised and organise others? Mentor young adults? We're already excited to be working with you.
What We Can Offer You
• A 5 day role
• Salary of $58k-$62K plus Super
• A unique opportunity to shape what Club-focussed engagement looks like at UNSW
• A fun, fast and driven environment with lots of potential for learning and growth
• Awesome professional experience working in a sector leading organisation
• A chance to be a change maker – making a real difference
• A spot on our netball team (Are you any good at shooting?)
• Convenient and central office location on UNSW’s Kensington Campus
• More BBQing opportunities than you can poke a set of tongs at!
• Secure employment with a supportive team.