About the role
This position presents a unique opportunity to support the full gamut of IT services; from the day to day helpdesk support to the larger-scale technological updates - improving on current processes and introducing innovative ideas. We’re looking for a creative, optimising problem solver who isn’t afraid of embracing advances in technology. The ideal candidate must have a friendly attitude and be prepared to help out with all sorts of Arc’s needs; from attending to IT helpdesk requests to working on projects assigned by the IT Manager.
Here are a few key responsibilities and experience requirements however, check out thefor the rest.
- Process incoming IT helpdesk requests and take a hands-on role addressing support enquiries.
- Work on and lead selected IT projects autonomously.
- Provide end user support with hardware and software issues in an efficient manner.
- Record, track and document all service requests and issues including resolutions achieved.
- Prioritise urgent requests and escalations efficiently.
- Provide any necessary outside of working hours on-call support as required.
- Update technical documentation when necessary.
- Engage with suppliers and vendors on IT related matters as required.
- Prioritise time between projects, systems maintenance and IT helpdesk operations.
- Attend to the security of information technology systems.
Skills & experience
- Relevant IT qualifications and previous work experience in IT support
- Experience with AWS and Microsoft Azure cloud platform, terminology and infrastructure.
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, Great Plains and Exchange.
- Experience with Windows Server 2008 – 2016 and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Extensive experience with Windows and Mac Operating Systems.
- Demonstrated, exceptional computer hardware and software experience.
- Experience in Point of Sale systems.
- Experience in PowerShell.
- Proficiency in networking topologies and protocols. (LANs and WANs)
- Knowledge and experience in Cloud platforms, Virtualisation, systems, network topologies and protocols.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and effectively solve technical problems.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with a strong customer service ethic.
- Ability to think critically with good problems solving skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision under time constraints with a proven ability in creativity and innovative troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams and to interact successfully with students, Arc staff and UNSW staff.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding in compliance with privacy regulations and legislations.
Who We Are
Located on the University of New South Wales campus, Arc is one of Australia's biggest & best student organisations and is made up of a dynamic and energetic group of people focused on providing students and clients with the best experience possible. We work hard. We expect results. (but we have fun doing it)
What We Can Offer You
• 12 months fixed term, full time contract.
• Training opportunities.
• Flexible work options.
• A culture that truly values and supports diversity and inclusiveness.