Senior Communications Coordinator
We are looking for an eager communications expert and content creation native to drive our student marketing activity. The ideal candidate will share our passion for student life and have the omni-channel skills across web, social and (yes) print to get our audiences excited and engaged in our epic programming. You will be a chameleon of concepting, copywriting and campaigning, with a desire to develop skills in business writing and scripting too. Predominantly, the role will lead, plan and execute marketing strategies that drive student participation and reputational enhancement.
The role is diverse requiring data interpretation, social media campaigns, EDM creation, website maintenance and the occasional signage installation. The Senior Communications Coordinator oversees the marketing strategies and operations of Arc, Roundhouse, Arc Sport, Arc Wellness and more with close collaboration with internal stakeholders, the design team and senior leadership. Senior Communications Coordinator will devise and deliver campaigns on each stage of the marketing funnel including the central, annualised Arc Membership recruitment activity. During busy periods, Arc Marketing is super hands-on as we support our student-facing colleagues in the provision of outstanding student experiences both online and in person.
Arc is a social enterprise based out of UNSW with a mission to create the best student experience. This mission encompasses a range of services and opportunities across Clubs, Volunteering, Community, Sport, Creative, Sustainability, Help and Wellness. A typical day at Arc can start with Wellness Warriors free breakfast, a lunchtime boardgame with our favourite Clubs, playing Social Sport in the afternoon, then hitting the Roundhouse for Gigs in the Garden. The organisation also creates additional value through the provision of Venue & Events (Roundhouse), Grad & Gift (The Grad Shop), external creative services (Campus Creative) and Sponsorship & Advertising. Arc is one of the largest student organisations in Australia with 30,000 members, 300 clubs and 30 student programs.
Arc Marketing is the creative engine room of the organisation charged with enhancing the brand, building the reputation and attracting diverse participants to our awesome opportunities. We both respond to internal client requests and drive strategic central campaigns that support our mission. The team is fiercely customer-focussed and religiously collaborative as we strive to create impactful communications. We also provide creative services like graphic design and video production externally through our boutique agency Campus Creative. The team prides itself on being inclusive, hard-working and innovative in our approach.
- Oversee the planning, operations and reviews of all Arc marketing across student, commercial and stakeholder communications
- Research, create and execute strategic campaigns that enhance the reputation of Arc and support our mission to create the best student experience
- Lead and collaborate with internal stakeholders to maximise student involvement across a range of projects and programs
- Build relationships with external stakeholders at UNSW and beyond that position Arc favourably in its strategic aspirations
- Manage, inspire and develop the capabilities of the communications and membership team
- Take the lead on maximising the Arc Membership experience from recruitment to engagement to offboarding
- Manage the organisation’s brand and ensure vibrant branding across all Arc publications, communications and promotional activities
- Undertake market research, gap analysis and competitor analysis and produce recommendations for senior leadership
- Steer the execution of Arc publications and student media (Tharunka, Blitz, UNSWeetened and Food Hub Content Creators)
- Manage the Communications budget across paid social media, SEO, print and activations
Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Tertiary education in Marketing/Communications or equivalent experience
- Successful content creation and campaign experience across website, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and EDM
- Ability to gather, synthesise and interpret data and undertake evidence-based decision making in marketing contexts
- Leadership experience in managing, developing and inspiring a creative team
- Market research ability to analyse results that drive create meaningful recommendations
- Track record of entrepreneurial, resourceful and creative approaches to marketing
- Particular sensitivity and empathy for student or youth audiences and their customer experiences
- Excellent oral and written communication skills across scripting, report writing, business cases, pitches and advanced editing skills
- Competitive salary package ($72-75k depending on experience)
- Flexible, hybrid work environment
- Rewarding, impactful deliverables that improve the lives of students and the extended UNSW community
- A spot on our currently undefeated (ok, we have played one game) volleyball team
- Strong culture of development with opportunities through UNSW, AGSM, SEN and more
- Fun, social and supportive culture (with monthly cake, run club, crafternoons and more)