About the role
We’re looking for someone who will take this program and develop it into something great: to bring big ideas and promote the program to build our weekly client base, and to provide volunteers with more opportunities to learn and develop their skills. This is an easy job to do at its bare minimum but a challenging one to take to the next level. We are looking for someone who wants to take on that challenge.
Who are we?
Arc is pretty awesome, it's the kind of place where we build castles around people's desk's for birthdays, have a pretty bad netball team, eat cake and Friday happy hours start at 5pm (ok.. 4.45pm). Located on the University of New South Wales campus, Arc is one of Australia's biggest & best student organisations and is made up of a dynamic and energetic group of people focused on providing students and clients with the best experience possible. We work hard. We expect results (but we have fun doing it).
Check out the position description for all the details but essentially what we need you to do is:
- Volunteer management – recruit and train volunteers to fulfil the program objectives; monitor and review performance and support as necessary; maintain regular communications
- Maintain the smooth running of the bike workshops
- Workshop & Event management – Manage Bike-ology workshops and plan special events, activations, and trainings throughout the year Promote this service to students and increase the student-client base
- Create new opportunities for students to engage in the broader ideas and initiatives of sustainability and healthy lifestyles, including online engagement
Skills & experience
More than anything else we are looking for someone with the essential skills who will love this job and be willing to put in the time and effort to learn and further develop within the role. You must be a current UNSW student to apply.
Essential Selection Criteria
• Passionate about the ideas of the programs;
• High attention to detail with proven organisational skills and the ability to manage time effectively;
• Demonstrated project planning and administration skills, including experience in planning, overseeing and finalising the completion of projects to deadlines;
• Demonstrated leadership and managerial skills;
• Well-developed oral and written communication skills;
• An understanding of University student’s needs and an ability to effectively incorporate these to enable and achieve student enrichment;
• Strong ethical and professional work attitude
Desirable Selection Criteria
• Experience in Bike-ology or previous involvement in other campus activities;
• Some knowledge in bike “anatomy” and maintenance
What We Can Offer You
· A unique opportunity to shape what the Bike-ology program looks like in 2021
· Average hours per week: 8
· A motivating and fun team to work with.