Arc Room Booking Terms & Conditions - Roundhouse & Arc Offices
Arc Club room & Event Bookings 2019 Terms & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions apply to all rooms available to be booked at the Roundhouse and at the Arc Offices in Basser College.
The rooms are provided as venues for student events that contribute to the UNSW community. Free Roundhouse room hire is only available to Arc-Affiliated clubs (not individual Arc members or students). Individual student hirers should contact Roundhouse staff directly – see contact details below – and will be charged a discounted member rate.
Arc Music & Dance Studios
|Location||Spaces||Booked Through||Availability||Arc Disc. Rate|
Monday – Friday ONLY
8:30am – 6pm
$10 per hour
Music Room 1 (large)
$10 per hour
Music Room 2 (small)
$10 per hour
Roundhouse Rooms and Spaces
|Location||Spaces||Booked Through||Availability||Capacity*||Arc Disc. Rate|
Monday – Friday ONLY
From $352 per hour
Arc Venues & Events
9AM – 9PM
From $160 per hour
9AM – 6PM
out of session
From $144 per hour
Flexible Function Rooms
|From $72 per hour|
*Capacities are subject to COVID-19 restrictions.
No persons under the age of 18 are to be in the Roundhouse venue after 5PM.
Hiring the Main Room for large scale events require a detailed written proposal from your club submitted to the Roundhouse for consideration. If your event has been approved, Arc’s Event staff will meet with you to assist in planning and co-ordinating details for your event.
For full Roundhouse Student Room Bookings Information and Terms & Conditions, click here.
Roundhouse Room Bookings
02 9065 0910
Student Event Enquiries
02 9065 0910
|Arc Offices Room Bookings|
02 9385 7700
All Bookings Terms & Conditions
- Where a room booking is made for a Club event, the Club must be affiliated or provisionally affiliated with Arc at the time of booking and on the date of the event
- Hirers using rooms must have a copy of their Booking Confirmation on hand (this can be a hard copy or on a mobile device).
- Hirers must comply with Arc’s Work Health and Safety Policies and Procedures. All electrical items used MUST be tagged and tested by an Arc Staff member prior to a booking.
- Hirers must leave the room in a tidy condition. Rooms left in an unclean condition will attract a cleaning fee starting from $50. The hirer will be held responsible for damage to rooms that occur in the course of their booking.
- Arc provides these rooms to Clubs and Arc members for a subsidised fee to support student life. Clubs, group of students and individuals may not book rooms on behalf of any third-party (including other Clubs, groups of students or individuals).
- If an outside company is involved in the event, the hirer must provide these details to Arc, who will determine if any commercial hire fees should apply.
- Clubs may charge an attendance or participation fee for their event only with the intention of covering costs. Clubs must disclose the amount of their attendance or participation fee at the time of making the booking. Arc (at their discretion) will decide how to proceed.
- Bookings can be made up to a semester in advance.
- Clubs are limited to a total of 5 hour room usage per week. Depending on availability, Arc Venue may be able to extend this cap on a case-by-case basis for Roundhouse Rooms, and Arc Clubs Staff may extend this cap on a case-by-case basis for rooms located at the Arc Offices in Basser College. In making these exceptions, Arc will take into account previous dealings between the Club and Arc, as well as any other relevant factors (e.g. the aims and objective of the Club).
- Light snack foods (e.g. chips and lollies) can be consumed in the rooms, but the hirer must tidy up after themselves.
- Clubs who do not comply with these Terms and Conditions will have their booking rights suspended for up to twelve months and/or be charged the commercial rate for room usage.
- 75% of the attendees/audience must be enrolled students of UNSW or alumni, proof of identity (student card) may be required.
- Roundhouse equipment hire costs may apply. The Arc Reception has some equipment available for Clubs use.
Roundhouse Room and Event Booking Terms and Conditions
- No hot food can be brought into the venue and hirers may not use their own equipment (e.g. microwaves) to reheat food for consumption within the venue. In order to comply with food safety regulations, ONLY hot food supplied by the Roundhouse may be consumed in the Roundhouse. Catering and Beverage orders MUST be made no later than 4 days in advance of your booking (not including weekends).
- All beverages including juice and soft drinks must be purchased from the Roundhouse Bar. Please contact Arc Venue to organise this at special Clubs prices.
- Bookings are generally available between 9am and 9pm weekdays during session. Outside of these hours’ security and staffing costs may apply. All hired equipment must be returned and signed in at the end of the booking.
- Roundhouse equipment hire costs may apply. The Clubs and Volunteering Department has some equipment available for Clubs use. Please contact Arc Reception to hire these.
For full Roundhouse Room & Event Booking Terms & Conditions, click here.
Arc Office Room Bookings Terms and Conditions
- All hire fees must be paid in full at the commencement of the hire period. Booking are subject to fair usage limits outlined in point 5.
- In addition to paying the hire fees, hirers must leave a $5 deposit and Student Card with Arc Reception upon collection of the key or swipe card to the required room. Both the deposit and card will be returned to the hirer upon receipt of the key by Arc reception.
- At the latest, room keys and swipe cards must be returned to Arc reception within 5 minutes of the end of the booking period. Failure to do so may result in the suspension of booking privileges and the cancellation of existing bookings.
- In order to ensure the fair usage of Arc Rooms, bookings are subject to the following to the following limits:
- bookings made for individual SSF Members are limited to 2 hours per hirer per day, up to 4 hours per hirer per week. Hours booked in excess of these limits will be charged the hourly Arc Member rate.
- bookings made for Clubs are limited to 5 hours per Club per week. Depending on availability, Arc Student Development may be able to extend this cap on a case-by-case basis.
- Room bookings are forfeited if the hirer does not arrive within the first 15 minutes of the booking. These bookings will then be made available to other hirers.
- Arc reserves the right to cancel Arc Room bookings if hirers exceed the limits outlined in C5 (except where caps have been extended), as long as the hirer is notified of the cancellation by email at least 4 business days prior to the commencement of the booking.
- Hirers may not use the Arc Rooms for direct financial gain, including conducting music lessons, however Clubs using the rooms for rehearsals may pay fees to external parties such as conductors.
Arc Club Resources
Please see Clubs Handbook Section 24 - General Resources for more information
The following equipment is available for hire:
Arc Reception (1) Sam Cracknell Office (1)
|Portable Speakers||Input options: RCA, 3.5mm, SD Card, USB, FM Radio, TRS, XLR, Bluetooth||4|
Arc Reception (2) Sam Cracknell Office (2)
|Trestle Table||10||Arc Reception (10)||$50 Deposit|
|Chair||8||Arc Reception (8)||$50 Deposit|
|Hot Water Urn||10L capacity, for use with water only (do not make coffee etc within the urn)||2||Arc Reception (2)||$50 Deposit|
|Generic Arc Banner||2||Arc Reception (2)||$50 Deposit|
*all equipment must be returned to the same location as the pickup. You may specify a preferred pickup location, but this will be subject to the availability of the resource at that location.
**a student card must also accompany the deposit for the duration of the hire period
Arc Club Resources Terms & Conditions
|Student Development||The Student Development department of Arc|
|Clubs||Clubs and Societies affiliated with Arc|
|Booking Period||Clubs and Societies affiliated with Arc|
|Hire Period||The period starting from the collection of the resource by the hirer to the return of the equipment by the hirer.|
- Arc Club Resources may only be hired by Clubs for Club-related use, unless permission is expressly given by the Student Development Department Manager or a Student Development Coordinator. When hired by Clubs, Arc Club Resources must be booked by a member of the Club executive via the online form. They may specify that another Club member will be responsible for the resource (i.e. collecting the resource, paying the bond and signing the Hire Register).
- The Club may not transfer or book on behalf of another club, individual, group or external hirer.
- Arc Clubs Resources will be subject to ‘fair usage’ policies to ensure that all Clubs have fair access to the resources.
- A bond and appropriate ID (usually a Student Card) will be collected by Arc at the start of the hire period. If the hirer did not submit the online booking, the hirer must also sign out the equipment at this time.
- The bond and ID will be returned to the hirer upon the return of the equipment, as long as these Terms and Conditions are met.
- Any usage fees are specified within online form and, unless otherwise specified, are charged for the entirety of the hire period.
- Hirers must comply with Arc and Student Development’s Safe Working Procedures and Workplace Health and Safety Management Systems. Failure to do so may result in the forfeiture of the hirer’s bond (at the discretion of Student Development).
- Equipment should be returned in the same condition in which it was issued.
- Equipment must be returned at the end of the booking period. The late return of equipment may result in the forfeiture of the hirer’s bond if it interferes with another hirer’s access to the resource.
- The hirer will notify Student Development of any damage to the equipment upon return of the equipment.
- Loss or damage of the equipment will result in the forfeiture of the hirer’s bond, and the hirer may be charged for replacement or repair costs.
- Hirers that do not comply with these Terms and Conditions may have their Club’s hiring rights suspended for up to 12 months.
CATS Room Bookings Terms & Conditions
Please see Section 23 - Location and Equipment Booking for more information.
1. The student representative submitting the CATS Room Booking Form form accepts full responsibility for the event
2. The Club/Society may not transfer or book on behalf of any other student organization or third party, including event sponsors. Any Club/Society that breaches this term will have all booking privileges withdrawn
3. 75% of the attendees/audience must be enrolled students of UNSW or alumni, proof of identity (student card) may be required
4. Charged activities (registration fee, ticketed events etc) are not to take place in any facility provided for free
5. It is the responsibility of the student representative to leave all facilities in their original condition. Facilities that require special cleaning will be charged back to the Club/Society at a rate of $55 per hour for each staff member required for cleaning, with a minimum of one (1) hour per person. Special cleaning includes but is not limited to clearing of excessive rubbish, boxes, pamphlets, removing flyers, posters or directional signage and other event supplies
6. In venues with movable furniture, all furniture must be returned to its original position or cleaning charges may apply
7. Food and beverages are not permitted inside any theatre or CATS room without the express permission of Venues and Events
8. Facilities that require repair due to damage caused by the event will be repaired and charged back to the Club/Society (with due consultation)
9. Reservations may only be made by those student organizations that are in good financial standing with Arc and UNSW
10. As per Venues and Events Venue Hire Agreement Terms and Conditions, full payment for the Facility is required at least five (5) days prior to the day of the event.
11. Student organizations with accounts more than thirty (30) days in arrears will have all booking privileges suspended until the account is paid in full
12. Venues and Events reserves the right to verify the identification of students making reservations by asking for valid photo identification with proof of address for invoices
13. Please note, due to possible changes in the academic timetable and teaching room swaps NO STUDENT CLUB BOOKINGS are processed in the FIRST 2 WEEKS OF TERM (1-3)