Code of Conduct:
Arc @UNSW Sport aims to provide an organised sporting environment that is free from harassment, discrimination and bullying where all those involved in its activities are treated with dignity, equality and respect. Discrimination, harassment and bullying are extremely distressing, offensive, humiliating and may create an uncomfortable and unpleasant environment. Discrimination, harassment and bullying are against the law. All of those involved in Arc Social Sport cannot enjoy themselves if such behaviour is present in any form.
This code of conduct is designed to ensure that all those participating in Arc Social Sport understand the correct manner in which to behave at all times, to ensure that all participants have a relaxed and enjoyable experience. All participants involved in social sports shall by means of their participation recognise and agree to be bound by the code of conduct. Any breach of this code is regarded as a serious matter by Arc @UNSW Sport and disciplinary action may be enforced against a person(s) in breach of this code. All disciplinary actions shall be enforced across all competitions for 2016 Arc Social Sport.
All participants in Arc Social Sport are bound to…
- Always remember this is a social sport competition and we are all here to have fun!
- Be a good sport. Always encourage everyone including your opposition, referees, and team mates. Applaud ALL good plays whether or not they are made by the opposition.
- Treat all participants in your competition and other competitions as you would want to be treated. Do not bully or take unfair advantage of another competitor or referee.
- Cooperate with your captain, team-mates, umpires, staff and opponents. Without them there would be no competition.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
- Control your temper. Verbal abuse of officials and sledging other players, deliberately distracting or provoking an opponent are not acceptable or permitted behaviours in any sport.
- Any physical altercations and unnecessary physical aggression will not be tolerated.
- Condemn the use of violence in any form, no matter who it occurs between.
- Do not mix alcohol with sport. Participants will not be permitted to take part if they are suspected of being under the influence of alcohol or any illegal substances.
- Leave all competition areas tidy and free from litter or other mess.
Conduct deemed foul play may include but is not limited to…
verbal abuse and/ or threatening actions towards any participants, physical abuse of any participant’s including striking, hair pulling, or grabbing, dangerous charging/ obstructing an opponent without away from the play, contact with the eyes or eye area, spitting at participants, verbal abuse based on race, religion, culture, ethnicity, sexual orientation or otherwise any other acts (not previously referred to) which are contrary to good sportsmanship.
Offending parties may be immediately ejected from the match and banned from all social sport competitions for a nominated period of time. Poor team behaviour may result in the removal of that entire team from all competitions for a nominated period of time. Arc Sport may at its sole discretion exclude a participant or team from further competition where it is deemed that the conduct of a player or team is sufficient to warrant exclusion.
General Risk Warning, Release of Liability and Waiver of Claims:
In consideration of Arc @UNSW Ltd (“Arc @ UNSW”) permitting me to participate in its activities and sports, permitting me the use of its equipment and permitting me the use of its facilities, I hereby agree as follows:
1. ASSUMPTION OF RISKS:
- 1.1) I am aware that participating in the activities and sports offered by or associated with Arc @UNSW may involve the risk of injury or harm including, but not limited to those associated with participating in sport, exercise and/or physical activity. I freely accept and fully assume all inherent risks, dangers and hazards and the possibility of personal injury, death, property damage or loss resulting there from.
- 1.2) To waive any and all claims that I have or may have in the future have against Arc @UNSW and its directors, employees, agents and representatives.
- 1.3) To Release Arc @UNSW, and its directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives from any and all liability for any loss, damage, injury or expense that I may suffer or that my next of kin may suffer, as a result of my participation in activities and sports offered by Arc @UNSW, due to any cause whatsoever including negligence, breach of contract, breach of statutory duty of care, and/ or breach of occupier’s liability on the part of Arc @UNSW, and its directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives.
- 1.4) To hold harmless and indemnify Arc @UNSW, and its directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives from any and all liability for any property damage or personal injury to any third party, resulting from my activities and my participation in the activities offered by or associated with Arc @UNSW.
2. Media Release:
- 2.1)I give permission for Arc @UNSW, its agents or anyone authorised by Arc @UNSW to photograph or film me, or record my voice.
- 2.2) I understand any such photograph, film or recording of myself is the property of Arc @UNSW and may be used for the purpose of advertising, publicity, public displays and exhibitions.
- 2.3) I voluntarily waive any cause of action against Arc @UNSW, its agents or anyone authorised by Arc @UNSW for defamation, invasion of privacy, breach of moral rights, copyright or trademark violation, right or publicity, or right to payment of any kind arising out of or in connection with the use of any photograph, film or recording of myself by Arc @UNSW.
- 2.4) I acknowledge that Arc @UNSW may use any photograph, film or recording of myself or not as they choose, without affecting the validity of this release.
3. I state that I am in a fit physical and mental condition to participate in this event/activity and am aware that participation could, in some circumstances, result in physical injury.
4. That this Agreement shall be effecting and binding upon any heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators and assigns in the event of my death.
5. Refund Policy:
- 5.1) A full refund may only be permitted without detailed explanation before or during the first week of competitions and/ or courses.
- 5.2) After the first week of competition and/or courses all refunds will be subject to individual written applications to Arc @UNSW, sport administration. After week one of competitions and/or classes only a partial refund, Course/ sport transfer, and/ or a course/ sports credit may be granted after review of the individual application.
- 5.2.4) Refunds will not be provided if you simply change your mind after your purchase.
- 5.2.3) Refunds: The total amount of any refund provided for sports competitions or courses is at the discretion of Arc @UNSW, sport administration pending review of all written applications.
- 5.2.2) Transfers: All course/ sports transfers must occur before week two of the current course and/ or sports competition.
- 5.2.1) Credits: All course/ sports credits granted after review of application will expire after the following competition or course registrations have closed.
- 5.3) If after week one of competition a full refund is requested a detailed explanation and supporting documentation of extenuating circumstances must be submitted with the written application to Arc @UNSW, sport administration or the request will not be considered.
- 5.4) Refund period: The minimum time taken to receive a refund will be no less than two weeks however all refunds may take longer, with no time limit; pending review of application.
- 5.5) ALL Refunds, Credits, and transfers are at the sole discretion of Arc @UNSW, Sport Administration.
I hereby certify that through the online and/or hard copy registration processes that I am over the age of eighteen and that I have read, understood and agree to these terms. I am waiving certain legal rights which I or any heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators and assigns may have against Arc @UNSW and its directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives.