Postgraduate Council Elections
Nominations for positions on the PGC open annually in Semster 2.
The nomination form will be available here.
Rules of the PGC Elections
Please note: the below information is an outline of the PGC election rules. For detailed information, please refer to the Arc Regulations.
Term of Office
The Office Bearers (OBs) are elected to the PGC for a term of one (1) year.
- President of the PGC;
- Vice President;
- Coursework Students Officer;
- Equity Officer;
- Events Officer;
- International Students Officer;
- Research Students Officer;
- Women's Officer
Elected Councillors (voting):
- Four (4) Postgraduate (at least one (1) of whom must be a woman) Members from Electorate A as defined in these Regulations.
- Four (4) Postgraduate (at least one (1) of whom must be a woman) Members from Electorate B as defined in these Regulations.
Ex-Officio members (voting):
- Chair of the Board;
- President of the SRC;
- Convenor of the SDC;
- President and Advocacy Officer of the Arc Canberra Committee.
Ex-officio members (non-voting):
- Chief Executive Officer of Arc;
- The one (1) postgraduate student representative elected to University Council;
- The two (2) postgraduate student representatives elected to Academic Board.
Who can nominate and vote
All nominees and their nominators must be current members of Arc.
Only current UNSW Postgraduate Students may stand, nominate and vote in the Election of the PGC, with the following restrictions:
Officers and Councillors:
- The nominators and candidate for the Coursework Students' Officer position must be Coursework Students;
- The nominators and candidate for the International Students' Officer position must be International Students;
- The nominators and candidate for the Research Students' Officer position must be Research Students.
- The nominators and candidate for the Women's Officer position must be Woman-identifying Students
- The nominators and candidate for the Councillor Electorate A position must belong to Electorate A.
- The nominators and candidate for the Councillor Electorate B position must belong to Electorate B.
The following restrictions apply to students voting in the PGC elections:
- Only current Postgraduate students are eligible to vote for the PGC;
- Only Coursework Students may vote in the election of the Coursework Students' Officer;
- Only International Students may vote in the election of the International Students' Officer;
- Only Research Students may vote in the election of the Research Students' Officer;
- Only Woman-identifying Students may vote in the election of the Women's Officer;
- In the election of the Postgraduate Councillors only postgraduates from Electorate A may vote for candidates from Electorate A and only postgraduates from Electorate B may vote for candidates from Electorate B;
How to Vote
Vote for your preferred candidate by placing the figure 1 in the square opposite the candidate. Voters may place consecutive figures (commencing with the figure 2) in the squares opposite the remaining candidates, in order of preference.
You must be a current Member of Arc @ UNSW Limited (it's free to join - click here for further information).