Supervisor Award Background
Supervisors must adhere to minimum standards when they interact with their Higher Degree Research students, such as the UNSW Code of Conduct and other policies set out by the Graduate Research School. However, there exist supervisors who display exemplary behaviour beyond the minimum requirements who deserve recognition for their hard work in supervising research students. The PGC Supervisor Awards were established to acknowledge these dedicated supervisors.
- 'Supervisor Award' - to be given to successfully student-nominated supervisors.
- 'Outstanding Supervisor Award' - to be given to the top few student-nominated supervisors based on their nomination form.
Together with the Research Student Awards, and outstanding supervisors will additionally be featured in the GRS Newsletter.
- Any person who was the supervisor or co-supervisor of a UNSW HDR student in 2019 or 2020 may be nominated.
- Past winners of the 'Outstanding Supervisor Award' are ineligible for the 'Outstanding' class of award, but may be nominated again for the general class.
- Nominations are for individual supervisors only - groups of supervisors/supervisory panels are not allowed.
- Each supervisor must be nominated by a student, and the nomination seconded by at least one other student.
- Each student may only nominate one supervisor.
Nominations for 2020 closes on September 9th. Please email email@example.com with any submission inquiries or difficulties, or to attach any supplementary material that you feel is relevant to the nomination.
Nominations will be judged by this year's PGC before proceeding to the Graduate Research School.