Celebrate extraordinary supervisors in our annual awards.
Nominate your supervisor for a PGC Supervisor Award - 2017 results coming soon!
Congratulations to the following 2016 Supervisors
2016 Outstanding Supervisor Award
2016 Supervisor Award
Supervisors must adhere to minimum standards when they interact with their Higher Degree Research students, such as the UNSW Code of Conduct and other policies set out by the Graduate Research School. However, there exist supervisors who display exemplary behaviour beyond the minimum requirements who deserve recognition for their hard work in supervising research students. The PGC Supervisor Awards were established to acknowledge these dedicated supervisors.
- 'Supervisor Award' - to be given to successfully student-nominated supervisors.
- 'Outstanding Supervisor Award' - to be given to the top few student-nominated supervisors based on their nomination form.
Nominations open on the 4th of September. Awards will be presented at a reception to be held on 31 October 2017, together with the, and outstanding supervisors will additionally be featured in the GRS Newsletter.
- Any person who was the supervisor or co-supervisor of a UNSW HDR student in 2016 or 2017 may be nominated.
- Past winners of the 'Outstanding Supervisor Award' are ineligible for the 'Outstanding' class of award, but may be nominated again for the general class.
- Nominations are for individual supervisors only - groups of supervisors/supervisory panels are not allowed.
- Each supervisor must be nominated by a student, and the nomination seconded by at least one other student.
- Each student may only nominate one supervisor.
Nominations will be judged by this year's PGC. Since the PGC is composed of postgraduate students, it is important to consider conflict of interest if a member of the PGC personally knows one of the student nominees. In that case, the PGC member will abstain from judging the given nominee. Scores given by the other PGC members for that nominee will then be weighted appropriately.
Nominations close on 29 September 2017. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any submission inquiries or difficulties, or to attach any supplementary material that you feel is relevant to the nomination.
You can view previous PGC Supervisor Award recipients from the following years: