Shack tutoring is a free program that connects local high school students with university student volunteers, with the aim of encouraging and inspiring the next generation of visionaries.
You are are a university student. You spend your semester soaking up knowledge and looking for opportunities to grow and be #woke. But part of being better, is bringing out the best in others.
What do we do?
The Shack Tutoring program is as much for the students as the mentors. We get it. Being a university student means you've got 99 problems and they're all due at 9 am tomorrow. However we also know you want your time at university to mean something and that is where we come in.
So the student becomes the tutor
So what can you expect to get out of being a volunteer with Shack Tutoring?
- Build on your communication and leadership skills
- Strengthen your organisational and time management skills
- Bring out your inner Mr. Miyagi and pass on what you've learnt during your time as a student
- Volunteering with Shack Tutoring is recognised on your Australian Higher Education Graduation Statement (AHEGS)
- We also guarantee you'll feel #wholesome in having given back to students in a huge way