The tertiary landscape is forever changing.
To succeed we must be agile and responsive. Help students understand and engage in the ever-evolving university experience; whether it be supporting them as they adapt to a new calendar, ensuring they can have a complete student experience without ever setting foot on a campus all the way through to ensuring that the most current and relevant bands play at the Roundhouse in O-Week. Amongst the change we know our constant is the need to provide opportunities for engagement, support and development. Always.
To enable this, we have maintained three supporting pillars. The goals within these areas will change annually to reflect the needs and priorities of the year.
• There when you need us
• Make sure you love uni life
• Enable you to fulfil your potential
Support // There When You Need Us
Being a university student can be challenging, it can be unexpected, overwhelming. We aim to provide an assemblage of safety-nets, networks, life-raf ts and early interventions to ensure our students are as well supported as possible, no matter what life throws
We will focus on the continued development of our support services, expanding the breadth and accessibility of our Legal & Advocacy services, enhancing our wellness services, crisis support services whilst investigating new areas of support for students. We will listen to you and ensure our services are relevant and responsive. We will continue to grow our support services and reduce accessibility barriers. We will celebrate what makes us diverse and find new ways of supporting groups on campus.
Through the Student Representative Council and Postgraduate Council we empower student leaders to meaningfully advocate on behalf of their peers, to improve life at UNSW.
• Ensure our support services are pro-actively supporting students throughout the transition to UNSW3+;
• Continue the expansion of our Wellness services and new support initiatives including $5 Feeds; and
• Create and implement an Arc Indigenous Strategy.
Engage - Make Sure You Love Uni Life
The memories you take away from University won’t be the tutorial’s or the lectures you attended (well they may be but they won’t be as fun) it will be the friends you make, the time you flew to the Gold Coast to compete with #TeamUNSW or wore a onesie to the Roundhouse party. The clubs you joined or the hours you volunteered. Whilst your degree points you in the direction of your future your experiences and student life shapes it.
We will energise student life through events and activities, develop and implement programming that appeal to a wide range of demographics. We want to celebrate the social and cultural diversity of UNSW and bring people together in a safe and inclusive environment. We won’t rest on what worked last year, we will listen, we will innovate, we will experiment. We will do everything we can to make sure you love uni life.
• Adapt to the new state of play under UNSW3+ to ensure opportunities for fun, sport and events work within the new calendar;
• Increase the diversity of our programming; actively engage with demographics that have been traditionally harder to reach, including students with a disability and Indigenous students;
• Improve the experience of international students through the development of relevant events and programs; whilst making it easier to engage in existing programs and clubs;
• Streamline Arc’s branding and awareness activities to ensure maximum market penetration and brand alignment; and
• Continue to position the Roundhouse as the
home of student life on campus.
Development // Enable You To Fulfil Your Potential
University presents a unique opportunity to join a culture, a community that helps you become the person you want to be. The provision of leadership and mentoring programs, sporting events, clubs, activities and social events helps you get there. Development can happen in many forms and it’s our goal to provide valued and varied opportunities that facilitate personal, social and professional growth. From Internships that give you a leg up in your career, to representing your Uni at events across the globe all the way through to that 10-minute speed friending event you went to in O-Week that helped you find your tribe.
We will do everything we can to enable you to fulfil your potential.
• Ensure existing development opportunities are re-aligned and adapted to suit to the UNSW3+ calendar; and
• Increase opportunities for development through Leadership Labs, student feedback groups and Clubs executive training program.