Location | Tutoring is held on UNSW campus on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons between 3-6pm. You will be given a student to tutor for an hour or two within your availability .
Time commitment | LIGHT (1-2 hours per week)
What happens | You are paired with a student between years 6-12, based on your availability and preferred subjects. You will stay with the same student for about 8 weeks during the term, to build a relationship.
- Practice your communication and leadership capabilities
- Strengthen those organisational and time management skills
- Realise your hidden knowledge and pass on what you've learnt as a student
- Feel #wholesome from helping others
- Get a break from your own studying and volunteer for your Australian Higher Education Graduation Statement (AHEGS).
The Shack Tutoring program is as much for the students as the mentors. We get it. Being a university student means you've got 99 problems and they're all due at 9am tomorrow. However we also know you want your time at university to mean something and that is where we come in.
Shack Tutoring is an opportunity for you to grow and gently learn new skills in a fun community environment.
You have so much to give that you don't even realise! You've spent your years at high school learning algebra and quoting Shakespeare, now is the time to make it count and make a difference in someone else's life.