Quinoa Flatbread Recipe
This bread also makes a delicious pizza crust! Simply add the tomato sauce and toppings after the bread is fully baked and bake until toppings are soft (~10 minutes).
1 cup of quinoa
1 cup of water
Herbs, spices, and salt (optional)
(I like adding a small amount of Italian seasoning and salt)
1. Preheat oven to 425 F.
2. Blend quinoa and water mixture together in a blender or food processor until a pancake batter consistency is achieved.
3. Pour batter onto a parchment paper covered oven pan and spread the mixture evenly with a spatula
4. Sprinkle on your favorite herbs/spices if desired.
5. Bake for 15 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven and flip over, bake for another 5-10 minutes until both sides are golden brown.
7. Let cool, cut into slices, and top with your favourite spread!
NOTE: If you want to increase nutrient availability, you can soak the quinoa overnight and make the bread the next day. But if you want to enjoy the bread right away, skip overnight soaking and proceed with the instructions below!