2022 Arc @ UNSW Limited - Board Election
Nominations OPEN on Monday 28 February 2022
This notice should be read in conjunction with the Arc Constitution and Regulations.
Positions to be elected
An election will be held for four (4) Student Director positions on the Arc @ UNSW Limited (Arc) Board.
· Two (2) positions must be filled by women.
· The remaining two (2) positions are unrestricted.
The term of office will be two (2) years commencing June 2022.
Students elected as Directors on the Arc Board and Office Bearers on Arc’s Student Councils are authorised to represent UNSW students on matters relating to the Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF).
Nominations open at 9am on Monday, 28 February 2022 and close at 11.59pm on Wednesday, 9 March 2022 (the electoral roll will close at the same time). Late nominations will not be accepted.
Candidates and voters must be current UNSW students and Members of Arc at the close of nominations.
Any person who holds an elected position on a student council, wishing to nominate for a student director position, must resign from their student council position prior to the close of nominations.
UNSW Global students are associate members of Arc and not eligible to nominate, vote or campaign in Arc Elections
Candidates must consent to Arc checking their eligibly in accordance with the Arc Regulations.
Nomination forms will be made available online here.
Forms must not be submitted until nominations are open. Nominations must be submitted prior to the close of nominations to be valid. They may be lodged electronically, using the above link. If a paper nomination form is required for accessibility reasons or otherwise, please contact the Returning Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org
If less than the required number of nominations are received, nominations will be re-opened on Monday 21st March 2022 for 1 week.
Candidates should submit the following by the close of nominations:
· Candidate Statement of not more than 150 words – information in support of your candidature.
· A recent photograph (jpeg format).
If more than the required number of candidates are nominated, an election will be held. Online voting will commence from Monday 04 April to Thursday 7 April 2022. The method of voting will be optional preferential.
· Board Elections Info Session: Wednesday 2nd March 2022, 12:00pm -12:30pm AND 12.30pm - 1:00pm, Arc Training Rooms & Zoom
· Candidates Campaigning Briefing: Thursday 31st March 2022, 12:00pm-12:30pm, Arc Training Rooms & Zoom
Elected candidates will be expected to attend the following:
· Board Inductions: Thursday 12 May 2022, 10:00am – 2:00pm
· Board Strategy Days (offsite): Likely mid-May / early June 2022
· Board Meeting for Chair Elections: Wednesday 22nd June 2022 6pm
Information related to Board Elections can be found on the Arc website.
Further information may be obtained from the Returning Officer at email@example.com