Got Ideas? Get money! If you’re planning an event that you believe is going to change the community, student life or develop graduate attributes through hosting or participating in activities on or off campus, this could be the grant for you! Grants are available to Arc members, groups of Arc members or Arc-affiliated Clubs. SCDGs are also available to Elite Athletes and Performers.
Student Community and Development Grants are administered by Arc in five separate rounds each year.
The SCDG application process is highly competitive and applications are assessed on:
- The contribution towards the development of graduate attributes
- The cultural, social, historical and reputational significance of the event and the contribution to campus culture and community
- The nature, topic and size of the event
- The degree of planning and preparation for the event
- How innovative the activity or approach is
- The number of Arc members likely to benefit from the event and the ability for the applicant to use the experience gained to benefit Arc members and the campus community
- Other avenues of funding support
- Previous dealings between the Club, group or individual and Arc
All applications must be submitted through Arc's online system Orgsync here.
SCDG Application Deadlines 2018
Applications must be received by 5pm on the day of the deadline. In 2018, the SCDG deadlines are as follows:
Round 1 - Wednesday 14 March 2018 (S1W3)
Round 2 - Wednesday 16 May 2018 (S1W11)
Round 3 - Wednesday 8 August 2018 (S2W3)
Round 4 - Wednesday 26 September 2018 (S2 Midsession Break)
Round 5 - Wednesday 14 November 2018 (S2 Exam Period)
SCDG Info Sessions
SCDG info sessions will be run before the deadline for each round, and will cover tips on writing applications. It is highly recommended that all applicants attend an info session in advance of writing their application.
We very strongly recommend that at least one person who will be involved in the writing of the application attend a workshop. In past years, applications that are of poor quality or substantially replicate a previous application have been denied, even if the previous application was successful. Attending a workshop will help you to avoid common mistakes and errors.
The info sessions will be taking place on the following dates:
12pm Thursday 1 March 2018 (S1W1), Arc Clubs Space
12pm Thursday 3 May 2018 (S1W9), Arc Clubs Space
12pm Thursday 26 July 2018 (S2W1), Arc Clubs Space
12pm Thursday 13 September 2018 (S2W8), Arc Clubs Space
12pm Thursday 1 November 2018 (S2 Stuvac), Arc Clubs Space
You can download a copy of the PowerPoint Here
Successful applicants for the SCDG are required to submit a post-activity report within 30 days of the conclusion of the activity. Post-Activity Reports are submitted through this form on Orgsync.