The SCDG application process is highly competitive and applications are assessed on:
- The contribution towards the development of graduate attributes
- The cultural, social, historical and reputational significance of the event and the contribution to campus culture and community
- The nature, topic and size of the event
- The degree of planning and preparation for the event
- How innovative the activity or approach is
- The number of Arc members likely to benefit from the event and the ability for the applicant to use the experience gained to benefit Arc members and the campus community
- Other avenues of funding support
- Previous dealings between the Club, group or individual and Arc
All applications must be submitted online here.
SCDG Application Deadlines 2021
Applications must be received by 5pm on the day of the deadline. The 2021 SCDG deadlines are as follows:
Round 1 - Tuesday 2 March 2021 (T1W3)
Round 2 - Tuesday 18 May 2021 (Autumn Break)
Round 3 - Tuesday 27 July 2021 (T2W9)
Round 4 - Tuesday 12 October 2021 (T3W5)
SCDG info sessions are run before the deadline for each round, and cover tips on writing applications. It is highly recommended that all applicants attend an info session in advance of writing their application.
We very strongly recommend that at least one person who will be involved in the writing of the application attend a workshop. In past years, applications that are of poor quality or substantially replicate a previous application have been denied, even if the previous application was successful.
Attending a workshop will help you to avoid common mistakes and errors.
The info sessions will be taking place on the following dates:
12pm Thursday 18 February 2021 (T1W1) - join on Zoom here
1pm Tuesday 23 February 2021 (T1W2) - join on Zoom here
1pm Tuesday 13 April 2021 (T1W9) - location TBC
12pm Thursday 13 May (T1 Exams) - location TBC
12pm Thursday 15 July (T2W7) - location TBC
1pm Tuesday 20 July (T2W8) - location TBC
12pm Thursday 30 September (T3W3) - location TBC
1pm Tuesday 5 October (T3W4) - location TBC
Successful applicants for the SCDG are required to submit a postactivity report within 30 days of the conclusion of the activity. Post-Activity Reports are submitted here.