Tips on how to detox
- Physically separate yourself from your smartphones. If that's not possible, just turn off notifications for Facebook, Instagram, or anything else that is distracting!
- Start small- start off having “un-plugged” times of day (during meals, right before bed, right after waking up) or areas in the home (no phone in bed and keeping it just for bed related activities).
- Get some family and friends to unplug with you. Spend some time together and resist those social media cravings with each other.
- Be aware and take note of when you are most often on your phone/social media and replace those behaviors and habits
- Pick up new hobbies for periods of downtime instead of social media based activities