The struggles of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders have been put back in the mainstream awareness with the BLM Movement.
To ensure the movement can lead to real change for our nation, we need to elevate First Nations voices and businesses. By shopping local and redirecting your money to these small businesses, there is a great opportunity to effect change.
- Tin Humpy Cafe: Indigenous owned cafe in Redfern, Sydney
- Lillipad Cafe: Indigenous owned cafe in Glebe, Sydney
Food delivery / Pick-up
- Mirritya Mundya: Dinner packs and grazing boxes with an Indigenous twist
- Earth blended: Essential oils business
- Lowanna: Natural skin care
- Bush Medijina: Modern Skincare Crafted in the Northern Territory
- Anindilyakwa Arts: https://anindilyakwaarts.com.au/
- Lakkari Art: https://www.lakkaripitt.com/
- Akweke Stories: https://www.akwekestories.com/
- Matakupaat Arts: https://matakupaatarts.com/collections/all
- Clothing the Gap: Clothing The Gaps is a Victorian Aboriginal led and majority owned, social enterprise, co-founded by Laura Thompson (Gunditjmara) and Sarah Sheridan (Non-Indigenous).
- Gammin Threads: Gammin threads was born from a love of typography, language and blak pride. It consists of deadly chillwear and accessories for people who believe in living colourfully, paying respect and empowering women.
- Ginny’s Girl Gang:
- Liandra Swim: Liandra Swim fuses Aboriginal Australian Culture with on-trend premium designer swimwear.
- Walkabout Slothing: Walkabout Clothing works with artists from all over Australia. It enables them to showcase the culture and vision artists have for our land and tradition.
- Aarli Fashion: AARLI a fashion label with a conscience. They're a first nations brand that specialises in producing custom made sustainable + ethical streetwear.
- Haus of Dizzy: Through behind-the-scenes fundraising and collaborative work, and their statement-making accessories, Haus of Dizzy continues to celebrate, support and contribute to Indigenous culture.
- Gillawarra Arts: A creative arts business originating from the mid north coast of NSW
- Dyinda Designs: Run by Aboriginal artists and cousins from the Yaegl country
- Sobah: A non-alcoholic craft beer, raising positive awareness of AUS First Nations culture
Donate to AUS organisations supporting Indigenous communities
- Change the Record
- Healing Foundation
- Human Rights Law Centre
- National Justice Project
- Sisters Inside
- Common Groun